Skip to main content

Charles Hall

Located at 61 Charles Street immediately east of the Tribute Communities Centre, the former Alger Press Building was renovated and refurbished by ԰AV in 2010 and is one of the university’s key academic hubs. This historic Oshawa building dates back to 1903.

Charles Hall’s features include research laboratories, faculty and staff offices for the Mitch and Leslie Frazer Faculty of Education, and Faculty of Social Science and Humanities on the third floor. The second floor houses extensive classroom spaces, lecture halls and common areas for students and faculty, as well as the Office of Student Life’s downtown Oshawa services. The main floor is home to student support services offered by the ԰AV Student Union, the Social Science, Humanities, and Education Library, and Information Technology Services.